Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I'm so sad...

I finished my second trip through Harry Potter's world. The trip is over. It was a wonderful and amazing voyage and I miss it terribly now that it is over. I read all seven of them this summer. It all began after I took Annie and her friend to see Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince. How could I NOT read them all again? It was simply inconceivable. Now that it is over, I miss it so much. I want to go back...I love the world of Muggles, squibs, Hogwarts, Harry and his friends, and my hero, Albus Dumbledore. It is, as anyone who has been there knows, a wonderful world. There is some pretty serious evil in that world, and the last of the books, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is full of evil and tragedy. I won't spoil the ending because I know one of the readers of this blog hasn't been there yet. (Lucky girl...you have so much to look forward to, Debi!). But I loved to take time every day to get lost in the wonderful world of magic. This may be the best series of books ever written. At the moment, I certainly can think of none I love better than these.

I took a bit of liberty and read Prisoner of Azkaban for Annie's What's in a Name challenge. Because, as we all know, Azkaban is a building! When I read them the first time through, Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire were my favorites. This time, perhaps Half Blood Prince, in spite of the horrific ending.

I know this ain't much of a review. Please forgive me because I am heartbroken. The one good thing about being an idiot who can't remember anything is that I can go back and read them again soon...as if it was the second time all over again. I really can't wait. I'm sure after the next movie comes out, we'll start this series again. If I can wait that long that is!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Don't be sad. the Potter books are good to reread many,many times. I'm the weirdo dork that's read them through like 25 times each. And no, that's not an exaggeration.

Debi said...

Amanda!!! How dare you call my friend (you!) a weirdo dork! I'm guessing the fact that you've literally read them that many times has just made you Rich's hero. Am I right, Rich?

And by the way, why didn't you tell me you'd actually made a blog post? :D Now, if you can just get that Dawkins review out of the way, you'll be ready to post your read-a-thon pile picture. :D

Amanda said...

I doubt crazy obsessive rereads count as hero-worthy. But hey, the Potter series pretty well saved me from completely losing it when we moved from Wisconsin to Texas and had to live in my mom's house for 4 months...

Rich said...

Amanda,

I'll be up to 25 before too long. I can't imagine ever tiring of these books.