Tuesday, September 15, 2009

RIP and Me

I hearby vow to join The RIP Challenge (RIP IV) and readeth the following:

1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
2. Dracula - The graphic novel version adapted by: Michael Mucci (writer), Ben Caldwell (Penciller/ Colorist), and Bill Hilliar (inker).

Before I get started, I must finish Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, which I get to begin tonight. I love the Potter books and will be so very sad to be finished with them for the second time. But there is much more to read...and life is so damned short. More philosophy to come...

6 comments:

Carl V. Anderson said...

Glad you made it 'official'!

Of course I have to say, please tell me you've read Dracula in its original novel format? :) If not I might have to ask your wife for permission to give you no end of crap.

Off topic, I'm glad your family is introducing you to the greatness that are the LOTR extended edition films! I hope you enjoy them.

chrisa511 said...

Hey Rich! Glad to see you're joining in the RIP fun! I'm with Carl...hope you've read the original Dracula. I didn't know there was a graphic adaptation...I'll have to check that out!

Rich said...

Debi has notified me that I deserve no end of crap...I haven't read the original! But, after Carl's, Chris' and Debi's recommendation, I promise that I will!

Carl V. Anderson said...

Glad to hear it.

Don't all wives feel their husbands deserve no end of crap?

Rich said...

Carl's comment is, as usual, scholarly, cogent, and well articulated.

But, I cannot complain as I have undoubtedly given more crap than I could ever possibly receive. And I ain't just saying that because Debi reads this blog either...really...

Carl V. Anderson said...

The problem is you've now given her a challenge! :)