Saturday, April 04, 2009

Herding Cats

My lovely wife, Debra, introduced me to this. It is the five books that I've read in the last 3 years that I think others MUST read. What this has to do with herding cats, however, I'm not sure. The books are:
1. The ancestor's tale by Richard Dawkins - absolutely the best book ever written
2. On the origin of species by Charlie Darwin - the most important book ever written
3. Why zebras don't get ulcers by Robert Sapolsky - a great book on why stress kills and how and why to stop worrying and be happy
4. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling - The best in a wonderful series
5. The lonely silver rain by John D. McDonald - the final book in another wonderful, but very different, series.

Enjoy

3 comments:

Ana S. said...

Yes! Someone else thinks Goblet of Fire is the best book in the series! People have given me weird looks for that before :P

I've been meaning to read The Ancestor's Tale for a while. Here's my excuse!

Mercy's Maid said...

I love the HP series too, but I would be hard pressed to pick a favorite. :)

Debi said...

This may be the impetus I need to finally dive into The Ancestor's Tale. But if it turns out to be above my head, you know I'm going to feel like a moron, don't you?