Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I read "Midnight for Charlie Bone"

I read this book for my daughter's What's in a Name Reading Challenge. Annie strongly recommended it to me after I finished the Harry Potter series this summer. I can see why she did because it is similar to Harry Potter in several respects. A boy gets sent to an "academy" after his family realizes he has a special talent. He is not a wizard in the Harry Potter fashion, but he is what is called "endowed". Each endowed person has one particular "special" ability. One boy at the academy feels the emotions of people whenever he puts on their garments. Charlie Bone's "endowment" is the ability to hear the conversations that took place when a picture was taken whenever he looks at a photo. Early in the book he looks at a picture and hears an intriguing conversation that took place as the photo was taken. The mystery began. It was light and enjoyable "good v. evil" story. I enjoyed it so much that I am reading the second volume of the series. Midnight for Charlie Bone was a good read, and the second installment is even better...so far. Thanks for the tip, Annie.

2 comments:

Debi said...

You're welcome

--Annie

Debi said...

Oops. I forgot to put a period at the end of the first comment.

--Annie